Friday, August 5, 2011

Publicity: Bridgette Boudreaux

My husband and I moved to Knoxville nine years ago from Lafayette, Louisiana so that he could get his Masters at the University of Tennessee.  I taught for many years at South-Doyle before becoming a mom.  Then I continued to work for the school system for the first two years of Ethan's life.  I now have two sons Ethan (4) and Asher (1) and I call myself a home manager.  Not because I don't like the term "stay-at-home" but I just don't think it describes me; I'm hardly ever home! 

When I got pregnant with my first son my friend Lora said, "Bridgette, you just have to come to my church's MOPS group!"  I had no idea what MOPS was at the time and I never could have imagined the role it would play in my life for years to come.  

The first year after becoming a mom was one of the loneliest of my life.  I went from being a full time teacher in a high school (seeing my friends everyday) to working by myself from home.  MOPS became a great place for me to meet other new moms as well as make lifelong friends.  I have been attending MOPS since then and I have served as a small group leader and Moppetts craft coordinator.  I'm looking forward to serving this year as the publicity director and running this blog and our FB page are part of that job.

Our family blog is: rueboudreaux.blogspot.com but I also write on my review blog: bbsfavoritethings.blogspot.com and my favorite cook book blog: fansofbittman.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment