Thursday, August 11, 2011

Co-director: Lora Langlois

My name is Lora Langlois.  I married my husband, Jeremy, ten years ago, and God has since blessed us with three beautiful daughters:  Elizabeth (6), Catherine (almost 3), and Anna (8 months).  After living in Atlanta, Nashville, and Johnson City, we moved back to Knoxville in 2005 to be closer to family.  Having grown up at Central, I was eager to get my children involved in the church that discipled me for so many years.  

Four years ago, I had the privilege to participate in Central's first year of MOPS and have a been a part ever since.  I have been a Moppets coordinator and a small group leader, and this year, I am excited about co-leading with Christa Margene.  MOPS has been such a blessing in my life, and I am excited about what God has planned for this year.  With a first grader and a preschooler, I find myself quite busy shuttling the kids to and from their schools and activities, so I look forward to spending some quality time each month with people who don't require me to cut up their food or wipe their noses.  I am looking forward to participating in the stay-at-home mom's group, which is a relatively new title for me.  For the past ten years, I have been teaching high school English but have decided to put that on hold so I can spend more time as a wife and mommy.  When I'm not "mommying," I enjoy spending time with friends, eating Mexican food, going to movies, reading, and traveling.  

Please contact me at loraliz@gmail.com if you have any questions regarding MOPS.  I would love to hear from you!  See you September 8!

No comments:

Post a Comment