Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Small Group Leader: Hedy Collins


My name is Hedy Collins. I grew up in Northern NY and have lived in Knoxville for almost six years. Before having my boys, I taught elementary school for eight years. 

My husband, Terry, and I have been married for nine years. We have a seven year old son named Michael and a five year old son named Maxwell. 

I have been participating in MOPS for five years. I credit MOPS for surrounding me by wonderful friends, for bringing me to Christ and for leading me to my church home at Central Baptist Church of Bearden. 

This year I will be the leader for the Special Needs Moms small group. My son, Michael, was born with craniosynostosis. He has benign congenital hypotonia, global developmental delays and epilepsy. He is a very happy, high functioning bugger who is very social. 

Our small group for Special Needs Moms provides a safe place for moms to share concerns and find loving, Christian support for this challenge called mothering. 

Please feel free to contact me at mom2m2ed@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment